RARA-AVIS: Jean's inquiry/Fred's eye issue

From: Jiro Kimura ( jkimura@nsknet.or.jp)
Date: 09 Feb 2000

The dialogue Jean quoted reminds me of Ross Spencer's Chance Purdue novels: THE DADA CAPER (1978) and four other capers. Each paragraph has only one sentence.

Fred would like to look into Ross Macdonald's Lew Archer novels where Macdonald used a lot of similes using eyes. I cannot quote the exact phrases, but he wrote about some windows which looked like eyes or something like that. About twenty years ago, some critic wrote an article about the use of eye similes in Macdonald's novels for the essay anthology from Occidental College Press or some academic press. Sorry, I cannot remember more than this.

Jiro Kimura
********************************************* Jiro Kimura Kanazawa, JAPAN e-mail: jkimura@nsknet.or.jp The Gumshoe Site (http://www.nsknet.or.jp/~jkimura/)