Re: RARA-AVIS: Crafty argument

From: WordRunner@aol.com
Date: 08 Feb 2000

Mark,
    I think you and I could easily slide into a mushy discussion of what is stlye and what is craft, and I'm ready to concede that at times the deliniation is a murky one, but any decent editor can tell the difference when evaluating a story. The best analogy I can think of at the moment is the difference between style and craft in the fashion industry, you can design a sweater with no armholes (or twelve armholes) if you want to. Very cutting edge. There'll be folks who see what you've done as a breakthough style, but you'll have a tough time selling it as well crafted to people who know much about clothes. Anyway, that's my take on it.

                                    Jim Blue