Re: RARA-AVIS: Matheson,

From: Bleed272@aol.com
Date: 07 Feb 2000

> Are you sure these new releases are by Richard
> Matheson Senior? A few years ago I picked up a novel
> in the library called CREATED BY by Richard Matheson.
> I eagerly grabbed it up. I then went home, curled up
> into my favorite chair, opened the book, and
> discovered that it was actually written by Matheson's
> son!! I was so disappointed I never actually read the
> book. What exactly is the deal with the son?

The books Ron mentioned are definitely Richard Matheson, senior. He's alive and well.

His son, Richard Christian, has produced the one novel you mentioned and two short story collections--SCARS, which is a really neat book of short-shorts, and DYSTOPIA, another collecction, which is due out in a month or so from Gaunlet Press. R.C. Matheson has also had a long career writing for t.v. and film; I think he wrote for THE INCREDIBLE HULK, among others.

--Duane Swierczynski