Re: RARA-AVIS: Matheson,

From: Roy Epstein ( dortmunder2@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 Feb 2000

--- Ron Clinton < r-and-jclinton@email.msn.com> wrote:
> > Matheson also have several new suspense
> (hardboiled'ish?) novels scheduled
> for release this year - two by CD Publications
> (along with some New Age
> non-fiction collection about "true" hauntings) and
> one by Gauntlet Press.
> He's one of my favorites, too - it's good to see new
> stuff by him still
> being released.
>
> Are you sure these new releases are by Richard
Matheson Senior? A few years ago I picked up a novel in the library called CREATED BY by Richard Matheson. I eagerly grabbed it up. I then went home, curled up into my favorite chair, opened the book, and discovered that it was actually written by Matheson's son!! I was so disappointed I never actually read the book. What exactly is the deal with the son? How many books has he written? Are they worth reading? Is the father still writing? I've had a Matheson western in my to-read pile for five years now (JOURNAL OF THE GUN YEARS-1991). Did the son write this one too?

Roy