RE: RARA-AVIS: Eyes and colors . . . maybe

From: Martha Fischer ( sakana@stlnet.com)
Date: 07 Feb 2000

i once wrote a paper about eyes in farewell, my lovely...in that book, at least, they appear to mean a lot to marlowe, which perhaps adds a layer to the gimmick (if that's what it is).

martha sakana@stlnet.com <mailto: sakana@stlnet.com>

-----Original Message----- From: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca [mailto: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca]On Behalf Of Frederick Zackel Sent: Monday, February 07, 2000 7:43 PM To: rara-avis@icomm.ca Subject: RARA-AVIS: Eyes and colors . . . maybe

I don't have my copy of Maltese Falcon handy, but I did play with the text a bit, ignoring the dialogue and see what was left. What I think I remember was curious: a lot of that "eye contact", but also a weird, very distanced things with "hands", too.