Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Pellecanos (and Adams)

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 Feb 2000

I can second the recommendation of Pharr. I went through a brief thing with the Old School Book reissue line and found many of them disappointing -- many of these writers were just not that good. But Pharr's the real deal. The only one I've read is GIVEADAMN BROWN but it's a keeper, sort of a more surrealistic Donald Goines tale. Since Maura, who knows her stuff, has recommended SRO, I'll probably add that to my list, too.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com