Re: RARA-AVIS: Professionals and Amateurs

From: Mark Sullivan ( AnonymeInc@WEBTV.NET)
Date: 04 Feb 2000

Jim wrote:

"What I was pointing to was not the stories that have been done, but the stories that I believe will be done."

Point taken. And it certainly would apply to Mosley's characters.

But:

"As Leonard has acknowledged, "all of those books are really about the same guy.""

It may always be about the same guy, but equally important is that most of them start at about the same point in that guy's life. So Leonard conveniently avoids having to deal with any lessons that guy might have been expected to learn in a previous installment of a series, avoids issues of continuity except on those few occasions when he does revive a specific character.

Mark