Re: RARA-AVIS: McPartland

From: Bill Crider ( abc@wt.net)
Date: 02 Feb 2000

You got a couple of good ones, Roy. A Whittington book is always a great find, and John McPartland isn't bad, either. TICKET TO HELL is one of those short books that has more plot and action than most writers these days can get into 500 pages. McPartland had some mainstream success but died young, I believe. I've read SEE YOU IN HELL, but it was a long time ago, and I don't remember a much about it except that it used a typical 1950s plot device. And it's got a backwoods setting, which is always a plus in my book.

Bill Crider