Re: RARA-AVIS: Donald Goines

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 30 Jan 2000

I live out in the country. Yesterday I drove an hour to a rural shopping mall, went into a Waldenbooks, and bought Goines's WHITE MAN'S JUSTICE, BLACK MAN'S GRIEF.

The store (a very bad one) didn't have a single James Ellroy, or Lawrence Block, even. Yet they had Goines! I'm sure, wherever he is, he's laughing himself silly right now.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com