Re: RARA-AVIS: Charyn

From: Marian Poller ( mpoller@netvision.net.il)
Date: 26 Jan 2000

Charyn is listed in the St. James guide to crime and mystery reference book. He was writing mainstream novels back in the 60's and only later moved on to crime.

Someone recommended Solomon's vineyard by Jonathan Latimer and I wanted to say thanks. I did a search on ABE and then on Bookfinder where I was able to find an Engl repr for $6. All the other copies, of the original ed, were going for over $100. This turns out to be an interesting bibliographic book too as it was originally published only in England in 1941 and about 9 years later in the states in expurgated form under a different title. Marian Poller Herzlyia, Israel mpoller@netvision.net.il