Re: RARA-AVIS: Chandler Omnibus

From: Mark Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 26 Jan 2000

 ejm duggan :

  It's *not bad* though, an
> amusing little diversion for the Chandler fan. It's actually called
> Raymond Chandler's Philip Marlowe, and consists of 25 Marlowe stories by
> contemporary writers ... if all this is starting to sound familiar it's
> because the book first came out in 1988, with 23 stories in; this is a
> reissue with a tarted-up jacket and a map. The two 'new' stories are on
> the publisher's website

Ed, There's a map in the original 1988 book. Thanks to you I read the two additional stories. I thought the first was way overdone and badly written. The Roger Simon was very minor. I don't think you are missing anything by getting the original used. I think it was remaindered and seems fairly common. Mark