Re: RARA-AVIS: Blade Runner

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 26 Jan 2000

Phillip Dick was an immensely talented, tormented individual who wrote a number of SF novels that will, I predict, ultimately be judged as some of the greatest novels written in America during the second half of the 20th century. That said, though, it also has to be said that Dick was in no way a hb writer -- Dick was Dick. He had a peculiar style and approach that, once you're familiar with it, is immediately recognizable. If you can find a copy of DO ANDROIDS DREAM you may well like it -- it's an excellent book on its own merits -- but it's far less of a hb piece than the movie. (As excellent as that is.)

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com