Re: RARA-AVIS: Keith Snyder

From: Mark Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 21 Jan 2000

Andy asked,

> Has anyone read 20-something author Keith Snyder -- I saw him compared
> to Westlake and Block in one review. Your opinions/recommendations?

IUnfortunately, I read his, Coffin's Got the Dead Guy on the Inside. I kept waiting for something to happen but, except for a few purported car chases, nothing really does. It reminds me of a couple of books in the Swallows and Amazons series where a group of kids somehow manage to outwit and overcome the baddies. The differences being the kids in Snyder's book are a lot older, and Ransome was not aiming to entertain adults. Mark