RARA-AVIS: Eddie Little

From: dcannon1@ix.netcom.com
Date: 21 Jan 2000

Eddie Little got into trouble when his European publisher toured him last year and one of the places was Amsterdam, where the dope is pretty accesable and he ffell off the wagon and it continued when he came back. He got into an altercation with the police when they came to his door on some kind of complaint. But, a judge gave him a break, when a number of other writers and a bookseller went to bat for him. He was in jail for awhile then in a hard-ass halfway house. He's been out for a number of months and I expect his second book to be out soon, but I don't know exactly when. I don't think he's planning on going back to Amsterdam.

If you haven't read his first book, It's a fast paced look at a young life of crime. Very gritty and not at all romanticized. Definitely noir. I recomend it.

He also wrote a column for an alternative newspaper in LA, that profiled real criminals, it was also pretty gritty and very realistic, which isn't very common. He was also shopping around a book that was a collection of them, but I don't think he was succesful.

Don Cannon
< dcannon1@ix.netcom.com>