RARA-AVIS: Book Shopping

From: Mark Sullivan ( AnonymeInc@WEBTV.NET)
Date: 20 Jan 2000

Today I picked up the latest Jeremiah Healy pb, two Lansdales
(Nightrunners, Rumble Tumble) and the PBO of No Score by Chip Harrison, which is amusingly dedicated: "For Lawrence Block who is my favorite writer and who is as together a person as he is a writer and you can't get much better than that." Almost as amusing as Westlake's blurb of J. Morgan Cunningham's Comfort Station: "I wish I had written this book."

I also got Wade Miller's Devil May Care. From what I gather from previous comments, there are no bad books by this pair -- does that extend to this one?

Also, Helen Neilson's name recently came up in relation to Detour. They had a couple books by her. Are her books good? Any recommended titles?

Mark