Re: RARA-AVIS: Mexican-Americans in Crime Fiction

From: Timothy S. Oliver (
Date: 20 Jan 2000

All right, all right. Didn't want to get into a big thing. Main point was that Elfego has this terrific legacy as an old west hard boiled lawman. That is on-topic.

But, I stand by my statement. I spent 16 years in New Mexico and went to college in Socorro. You can't swing a cat in that town without scratching a Baca. So I know what I'm talking about. That's off-topic. Let's drop it.

Tim Oliver

# To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to
# The web pages for the list are at .