Re: Re - RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled Plays - *The Desperate Hours*

From: pabergin ( pabergin@gte.net)
Date: 19 Jan 2000

Jim Doherty writes: Does Mr. Bergin know
>how much he actually had to do with the newer version's script? Like Mr.
>Hayes, I was very disappointed in the remake.

Judging from Joe's reaction when I brought it up -- a grimace of disgust and a refusal to waste his time talking about it -- my guess would be that he had nothing whatever to do with it. My impression is that he considers it a corruption, rather than an adaptation, of his work.

And it's Paul, not Mr. Bergin. He's that other guy. PB