Re: RARA-AVIS: More questions about more books

From: Marian Poller ( mpoller@netvision.net.il)
Date: 17 Jan 2000

I'm just now reading Jonathan Latimer's "Murder in the madhouse", c35
(International Polygonics ed, c89) This is the only Latimer book I've ever read or own and it's absolutely wonderful. Lots of fun. William Crane gets himself sent as a patient to a fancy asylum in upstate New York because there's a very wealthy older woman patient there who needs a P.I. to help her find her lost money. Crane calls himself a great detective and does deduce some interesting facts about the others; such as announcing to the admitting doctor that the nurse he likes is hiding in the back room. He is able to deduce this from what he observes. I am glad to hear that this wasn't the only funny book he wrote and I will definitely look for more. Marian Poller Herzlyia, Israel mpoller@netvision.net.il