Re: RARA-AVIS: More questions about more books

From: Anders Engwall ( Anders.Engwall@uab.ericsson.se)
Date: 17 Jan 2000

Doug Bassett:

> I recently found another batch of paperbacks, and, as
> usual, I'd like to know what anyone out there thinks
> about them:
[...]
> James Hadley Chase -- YOU'RE LONELY WHEN YOU'RE DEAD

As has already been pointed out, Chase was somewhat of a trash writer. Then again, his books vary extremely much in quality and some were way better than others. So, while I regard "Flesh of the Orchid" as probably some of the worst drivel ever, I really like e.g. "Strictly for Cash". "You're Lonely when You're Dead" is not bad; no masterpiece, but quite readable.

> Jonathan Latimer -- THE LADY IN THE MORGUE

Very entertaining comedy. Has everything from reefer madness to the drinking of embalment fluid.