Re: RARA-AVIS: unions

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 17 Jan 2000

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 james.doherty@gsa.gov wrote:

> Stephen askes about any HB novels "which concern the dark side of American
> unions."

Everyone seems to have forgotten Donald Westlake's "Killy" from early sixties. Day Keene has a novel, the name of which escapes me, about the labour leader who has the whole city in his hands. These books are pretty wild reading to someone who lives in Finland where the unions are accepted part of the society and there's no criminal activity in any of them.

Juri jurnum@utu.fi

 *Double in Trouble* by Richard Prather & Stepehn Marlowe, a