Re: RARA-AVIS: More questions about more books

From: Roy Epstein ( dortmunder2@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Jan 2000

> Doug Bassett wrote:
>
> > Peter Rabe -- WAR OF THE DONS
>
> Not one of Rabe's better novels. This was written
> late in his career and the
> decline from his really good work was steep. One of
> his best, THE BOX, was
> reprinted in the Gorman PURE PULP anthology.

This is good to know. Although there has been mention of Rabe on this list, it is difficult to get any concrete info on many of the individual books. Just read my first Rabe(MISSION FOR VENGEANCE) and liked it enough to try and track down more of his stuff. I recently found a couple: A HOUSE IN NAPLES and CODE NAME GADGET. Anybody read em? Opinions?

Roy
__________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com