RARA-AVIS: More questions about more books

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Jan 2000

Hello, all:

I recently found another batch of paperbacks, and, as usual, I'd like to know what anyone out there thinks about them:

Peter Rabe -- WAR OF THE DONS

James Hadley Chase -- YOU'RE LONELY WHEN YOU'RE DEAD

William Irish -- STRANGLER'S SERENADE

Jonathan Latimer -- THE LADY IN THE MORGUE

Harry Whittington -- MOURN THE HANGMAN

Charles Jackson -- THE LOST WEEKEND

Michael Niall -- BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK

I'm familiar with the first 5 authors, of course, but I've never heard of these titles. (I've never read Chase, but I'm under the impression that he's an awful writer. True?) I've seen the movie versions of the last two books (and especially liked BAD DAY, a true hb western), but the question is, are the books worth reading?

Much thanks,

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com