Re: RARA-AVIS: unions

From: Etienne Borgers ( freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Date: 14 Jan 2000

To document further the "unions" problems in the USA, and to have an idea of the other dark sides, it's maybe time to read (or re-read) 'In Dubious Battle' by John Steinbeck -rather hard-boiled on my scale- whitnessing a typical period of American social adjustments.

To have a further view of the problems involved, maybe a good starter could be the essay by Daniel Guerin:
'One Hundred Years of Labour in the USA -A Short History'.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384