Re: RARA-AVIS: Ed McBain

From: Roy Epstein ( dortmunder2@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Jan 2000

--- abc@wt.net wrote:
> John Abbott sounds right, and SCIMITAR is the title.
> I think McBain denied
> writing it at first, but no one who's read it will
> be in any doubt. Either
> McBain wrote it or Abbott is a master of reproducing
> his style exactly.
>

> Bill Crider
> --
> Yes, I remember, in his review of SCIMITAR, John
Breen says that the book is ghosted by a famous mystery author, but he doesn't reveal who. He does make the point however, that astute readers will get a major clue if they look at the copyright page (it says
'copyright HUI publications,' which you only see with Hunter's stuff). And, as you say, anyone who still has doubts should simply read the book. It's surely McBain.

Roy
__________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com