Re: RARA-AVIS: TV PI's

From: james.doherty@gsa.gov
Date: 13 Jan 2000

Bruce recalls that "McGoohan's delightful spy program" that is *Secret Agent*, "was called DANGER MAN in the UK, where it originated."

It was also called that here in the States. At least the half-hour episodes were. Only the later, hour-long episodes were run here as *Secret Agent*. I'm not absolutely sure of this, but I think the title change was made simply so that the Johnny Rivers tune, "Secret Agent Man," could be used as a theme song.

JIM DOHERTY