RARA-AVIS: Other three-time winners

From: Jiro Kimura ( jkimura@nsknet.or.jp)
Date: 13 Jan 2000

There are at least two (or three, since one of them is a team) other three-time winners than the two I originally thought of.

One of them is, as Bill Crider pointed out, Joan Lowery Nixon, who won three times in the juvenice category. Another is a team of Richard Levinson and William Link in the TV feature category for GUILTY CONSCIENCE
(1985); REHEARSAL FOR MURDER (1982); and MURDER BY NATURAL CAUSES (1979).

One of the two I originally thought of is Dick Francis in the best novel category for COME TO GRIEF, WHIP HAND and FORFEIT.

And the last but not the least three-time winner in the same category is...<insert fanfare and drums> Laurence Block in the short story category for "By the Dawn's Early Light" (Playboy, August 1984) featuring Scudder,
"Keller's Therapy" (Playboy, May 1993) featuring Keller the hitman, and
"Keller on the Spot" (Playboy, Nomvember 1997) featuring the hitman.

Thank you very much for your informative replies. Jiro Kimura
********************************************* Jiro Kimura Kanazawa, JAPAN e-mail: jkimura@nsknet.or.jp The Gumshoe Site (http://www.nsknet.or.jp/~jkimura/)