Re: RARA-AVIS: THE LONG GOODBYE and...cats?

From: pabergin ( pabergin@gte.net)
Date: 13 Jan 2000

All this nonsense about a cat.

Isn't it reasonable to expect that a man who is most at home with a pipe and chess problems might have a feline lurking. Maybe he (she or it) never showed up in the novels because Hesheorit was more comfortable under the couch, out of sight.

I mean, it's almost as predictable as a trendy couple like Spense and Suze having Pearl The Wonder Dog.

I believe Marlowe had a cat! I also believe that, given the slightest opportunity, it would have ripped Pearl a new asshole.