Re: Miami Blues (was RE: RARA-AVIS: We're HOW Old? and Willeford)

From: Dave ( birdlives@earthlink.net)
Date: 12 Jan 2000

"Burnt Orange Heresy" is pure pre-Hoke Willeford, focusing on his archetypical unsympathetic sociopathic hero. Since he was a painter at one time of his life, it's a deeply personal book. Of all the HB I've read, this one has stayed with me. It's truly a pulpy novel of ideas and the philosophy of aesthetics.

Dave