RE: Miami Blues (was RE: RARA-AVIS: We're HOW Old? and Willeford)

From: Tony Renner ( musicdirector@kdhx.org)
Date: 12 Jan 2000

All Willeford is worth reading (I think I started with Burnt-Orange Heresy) but the Hoke's are the top of the heap.

Tony

-----Original Message----- From: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca [mailto: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca]On Behalf Of Martha Fischer Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2000 10:31 AM To: rara-avis@icomm.ca Subject: RE: Miami Blues (was RE: RARA-AVIS: We're HOW Old? and Willeford)

i loved the movie, but i've never read the book....the willeford book i recently bought (for my first) is the burnt orange heresy, which no one has mentioned as a good one-- have i made a horrible choice?

martha sakana@stlnet.com <mailto: sakana@stlnet.com>

-----Original Message----- From: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca [mailto: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca]On Behalf Of Tony Renner

I thought the film of Miami Blues tried too hard to be faithful to the book. Some of the dialogue -- that was great on the page -- just didn't work on screen.

Tony