Re: RARA-AVIS: We're HOW Old? and Willeford

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Jan 2000

<<Is this book Willeford at his best or are there others you would recommend more highly?>>

I would say that this book is his masterpiece. If you didn't like it, you probably won't like his other noir books. I suggest trying the Hoke Mosely series (four books). Those are sui generis police procedurals. Miami Blues is terrific.

Regards,

===== Mario Taboada

"To a mouse, cheese is cheese: that is why mousetraps work." (Unattributed)