RARA-AVIS: Let's go to the movies!

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@colba.net)
Date: 10 Jan 2000

Speaking of hard-boiled westerns, supposedly in production is Quention Tarantino's adaptation of Elmore Leonard's FORTY LASHES LESS ONE, one of his westerns. It's about two cons cut loose from prison to track down some even worse guys.

As for Puffy, if he really did pull a gun, let 'im rot in prison for a few years. I can wait a few years for a KING SUCKERMAN movie, if it means one less asshole out on the real streets with a real gun. Seems like a fair exchange.

And has anyone heard anymore about Singleton's remake of SHAFT, starring Samuel Jackson? I dunno, I hear about all these intriguing film projects, but half the time, they just seem to fade away....

(Notice the spiffy, easy-to-read use of both upper and lower cases?)

Kevin Burton Smith The Thrilling Detective Web Site http://www.colba.net/~kvnsmith/thrillingdetective/ This month: There's still time to vote for the 1999 Thrillies, and check out some thrilling new fiction by Don McGregor and Mark Coggins!