Re: RARA-AVIS: HB Westerns

From: Mark Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 08 Jan 2000

 Timothy S. Oliver:

> Takes place in Post Civil War Missouri. So it is a western. Makes me
think
> of Josie Wales.

Josie Wales is a pretty hard boiled western. The original book was originally titled Gone to Texas. It was followed by The Vengeance Trail of Josie Wales. Carter also wrote a River Runs Through.

If we start talking about hard boiled western movies we have to unclude The Magnificent Seven which gets us back to Red Harvest Maybe we could say Hammett wrote a hard boiled western! Mark