RARA-AVIS: Re: Frederick Brown, Leigh Brackett, and a question

From: Victoria Esposito-Shea ( vmes@northnet.org)
Date: 08 Jan 2000

>Along the same lines, are there any authors who write hard-boiled
westerns? I know Leonard has written them, and Charles Willeford wrote one. Anyone else?

Pronzini heads out in that direction fairly often, doesn't he? WASTELAND OF STRANGERS struck me as more of a Western than anything else, and there's another book or novella of his--the title's THE HANGING, or something on that order, I think--that's similar.

Though, of course, there's so much overlap and interplay between the two genres that it's tough to tell what's what sometimes.

Oh, and thanks for the Burke suggestions. I'll give him another try if I can track down the two titles you guys mentioned.

Later, Vicky