RARA-AVIS: Ross Thomas

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 06 Jan 2000

A few more Ross Thomas comments: I think Thomas did first-person narration about as well as it can be done. Pick up something like THE SEERSUCKER WHIPSAW, start reading, and you'll see what I mean. I got hooked on Thomas when I picked up the first paperback of THE COLD WAR SWAP. After that, I read each of his books as it appeared. I was lucky enough to have the chance to interview him on stage at the Minneapolis Bouchercon in about 1987. I don't remember a thing about it except how great it felt to be able to sit there and talk to one of my heroes.

Bill Crider