RARA-AVIS: Re: Three Investigators

From: Victoria Esposito-Shea ( vmes@northnet.org)
Date: 06 Jan 2000

>YES! One of my favorite series, and I can't even find the books anymore. It
>was "Alfred Hitchcock & The Three Investigators". By Arthur ???. I liked
>them better than the Hardy Boys, actually. Really weird stuff. And one kid
>had been a child star as a baby. Glad to see a fellow fan.

The books are still findable, though you have to dig around for the "real" ones. I loved the series too, and my seven-year-old inherited all my copies and then demanded more. For Christmas last year, we dug around on Bibliofind and found a whole mess of VG paperbacks for around $5 apiece, which she's read and reread and reread. (I bet library sales would also be a good place to find these, actually.)

There are also revised versions coming out--Alfred Hitchcock has been cut from them, and the slang has been updated a bit and so forth. They're okay, fairly reasonable and all, but I still prefer the originals. No conetest.

Later, Vicky