Re: RARA-AVIS: you're HOW old?

From: Bleed272@aol.com
Date: 06 Jan 2000

Mark--

> I was real appreciative of the sci-fi/hardboiled discussion a little while
> ago. Because of that I snatch up Michael Marshall Smith's Spares off ebay
> and that will proably be next. So keep the great suggestions coming, I
> appreciate them all. Thanks-Mark.

If you dig SPARES, you should also check out MMS' first novel, ONLY FORWARD.
(Right now, unfortunately, it's only available in the UK, but you can probably track it down through Ebay, or Amazon UK, or something.) It also features a hardboiled protag (named "Stark") who wanders through the mean streets of a truly weird England.

--Duane Swierczynski