RARA-AVIS: Blown Away

From: John Wiese ( jwiese@earthlink.net)
Date: 02 Jan 2000

I too have been running a tabulation of the blown away lists but I see that someone else is already doing so. If it is not too late, my list would include

Chandler Hammett Ross MacDonald Block Goodis

I also have a question for the group. Most of the books listed are either PI's or down-and-outers (i.e. Goodis/Cain/Thompson). Would anyone consider the Quiller spy series as being hard-boiled? They certainly have the dark background and convoluted plots of many hb books.

John