RE: RARA-AVIS: Spanish Hard-Boiled

Pat Zeitoun (pwz@tca.net)
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 18:11:07 -0600

Manuel Ramos wrote: Snipped-
"I think he's hard boiled and noir and funny, but opinions differ about him.

Manuel Ramos"

Manuel, this is the first time I've seen you posting here. What a delightful surprise. I wanted to nominate you among my top 5, but cannot figure a way Luis Montez is noir or HB. Would you be insulted if I suggested that Luis Montez has a strong wimp factor that prevents him from being considered a tough guy? When is another book coming out? I've read through "Blues for the Buffalo", and loved them all!
  I saw the piece about Taibo and Semana Negra on "Sunday Morning" TV . I want to read him as well.

Cheers,

PatZ