RARA-AVIS: Re: Blown Away

dcannon1@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 19:44:35 -0500 (EST)

My list of hb books that I've sought out all their other books is: Raymond Chandler Michael Connelly Gary Phillips Gar Anthony Haywood Richard Barre

But there are others that I considered, such as Stephen Hunter, Walter Mosley, Dennis Lehaine, Eddie Little and Fred Willard. There is something to be said both for and aginst finding new authors that qualify. It's exiciting to find new authors that are just starting, that blow me away, but it is tough waiting for them to write, rather than being able to search out their backlist. I think it's worth it, though. It certinly feels good to be on the ground floor, and you can save so much money, if you're a collector, finding great authors, early.

Don Cannon
<dcannon1@ix.netcom.com>