RARA-AVIS: hooked

James Rogers (jetan@ionet.net)
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 13:54:39 -0600

At 07:18 PM 12/30/99 -0000, Jane wrote:

>1. James Ellroy, he was the one who really converted me to HB, I simply had
>never read anything like him, and despite his all too human flaws, I would
>still walk over hot coals to read anything he could write that would match
>that first thrill.

     This made me wonder which book/author got you other folks stuck on the genre? I got started by reading the short stories that were reprinted in Tony Goodstone's _The Pulps_, but the first novel I read was Chandler's
_The High Window_. I think _I, The Jury_ was next (I was about 10 years old at the time and thought this was pretty hot stuff).

                               James