Re: RARA-AVIS: Payback

a.n.smith (ansmith@netdoor.com)
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 20:49:57 -0600

> You're probably thinking...

Yep, popular title.

I've got this book here in my hands, everyone. Payback by Thomas Kelly, 1997, Knopf. As mentioned, It IS about the sand hogs in New York in the 80s, and the Irish mob and the Unions and the real Mob. Two brothers on different sides of the legal fence. So, it fits the bill for the earlier query, but I still think what the questioner was looking for does exist--a series with similar themes from earlier, either late 80s or early 90s. And I can't remember what it was, but it wasn't the ones mentioned--Did someone say Coyle? Not him. Actually, it was the vague memory of that which led me to buy Payback.

Not bad. Hope to see more fiction from T. Kelly, with maybe a more original title.

NS