Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Need name of author who wrote crime novel about 1980s Irish New Yorker and Construction trades

Etienne Borgers (freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 20:13:26 -0800 (PST)

--- southpaw@altavista.net wrote:

> This probably is not what you are looking for, but I
> know that one book
> was recently written by a first time author, focused
> on the doings of
> Irish-American "sandhogs" building an underground
> water tunnel in NYC. I
> believe the book was called 'Sandhog' or 'Sandhogs'
> and the author was
> himself a former sandhog.
> --

I didn't read it but it was by Thomas Kelly. This is most probably, indeed, the author the initiator of this thread is looking for.

E.Borgers http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384