Re: RARA-AVIS: Need name of author who wrote crime novel about 1980s Irish New Yorker and Construction trades

James Rogers (jetan@ionet.net)
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 12:05:32 -0600

At 12:42 PM 12/27/99 -0500, you wrote:

>I need an author's name, and possibility some of his titles. He (it is a
>man) wrote crime novels that took place in New York City and center around
>Irish-Americans and Irish immigrants especially in the construction trades.
>His heyday was the late 80s and early 90s. Who is this author. At first
>I thought it was Dennis Lehane but he write books set in working class
>Boston. Thanks

        I _don't _know, but I'd love to read the books. I knew people doing this work in NYC during that period and the amount of payoffs, kickbacks, extortion and fraud was nothing less than astonishing. I suspect that this is one area of criminal activity that the Duce Giulliani has been unable to extinguish.

                                       James