RARA-AVIS: Jack O'Connell anybody?

Daniel Sevitt (DANIELSE@Amdocs.com)
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 17:17:10 +0200

I know his name has come up a few times in the past. I read about The Skin Palace in London listings magazine Time Out about three years ago and on the strength of that very positive review went out and bought O'Connell's first two books - Box Nine and Wireless. Both of them left me a little disappointed. Nevertheless I did finally buy The Skin Palace when it appeared in paperback and now I'm pleased I did. It is streaks ahead of the earlier books, seedy, scary and riddled with unpleasantness - in other words, a delight. I am interested if anyone knows anything about O'Connell's background, future plans, etc.

Daniel Sevitt