Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V2 #1014

Bruce Townley (
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 08:39:20 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 24 Dec 1999 at 23:42 Paul J. Giguere sent: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V2 #1014

>Phillip K. Dick was a great writer and DADoES was a truly great novel.
>Another science fiction/detective novel set in the future was Alfred
>Bester's THE DEMOLISHED MAN. Definitely worth a read.

Expericing some topic-drift here, but just let me put in that it's been my belief that Dick's post-WW II alternate historical novel wherein the Axis powers win, THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE, is <very> cinematic, rather more so than DO ANDROIDS DREAM, in fact. The Bester novel you cite would also make a swell flick, so sez I.

Bruce T. =
"Christmas? Christmas means dinner, dinner means death! Death means carnage; Christmas means carnage!"

- Ferdinand the Duck reveals the true meaning of Christmas in BABE