RARA-AVIS: review recycled

Tony Renner (musicdirector@kdhx.org)
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 13:45:08 -0600

Here' a review (originally printed in "Eighty-Sixth Floor" #2, an apa-zine published in DAPA-EM in (I'm guessing here) 1990 or 1991. (I remember virtually nothing about the book, by the way.) I found a copy "Eighty-Sixth Floor" #2 tucked away in a book last night. (Does any know what
"Eighty-Sixth Floor" is a reference to?)

Rex Stout League of Frightened Men (1935)

My first meeting with Nero Wolfe and Archie Goodwin. Some of the '30's witty banter is hysterically funny and some of it is incomprehensible. Very itneresting post-prohibition/great depression atmosphere. Wolfe is hilarious/infuriating. (I see a lot of Nero Wolfe in Ignatius T. Reilly in Confederacy of Dunces.)

Tony