Re: RARA-AVIS: Huh?

Mark Sullivan (AnonymeInc@webtv.net)
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 13:59:10 -0500 (EST)

Doug, I've got to disagree with you on the McGees. I believe there was a definite peak in the middle of the run. I kept reading them, and enjoying them, but I thought the last few offered diminishing returns. You could see MacDonald trying to shake it up, the loss of Meyer's boat, the daughter, etc., but it didn't shake it up enough. Of course, middling McDonald is still better than most writer's best.

Anybody know if there is any truth to the rumor that MacDonald had written a final McGee with Black in the title which he held over his publishers' heads at negotiation time?

Mark