Re: RARA-AVIS: Huh?

Jeanheller@aol.com
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 11:12:40 EST

Excuse me. I rarely post anything here and probably will not change that habit, but I must remind folks that before you start implying ... or saying outright ... that somebody has descended into alcoholism, you'd better know what you are talking about or be prepared to pay the libel judgment. I know Robert Parker. Not well. But I have spent time with him, and I have absolutely no reason to believe he is an alcoholic. In my experience, he drank only in moderation and had nothing like the look of an alcoholic. I could be wrong, of course, but I felt I needed to post a cautionary note.

Jean Heller