Re: RARA-AVIS: Men's Adventure/Malzberg

Etienne Borgers (freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 20:00:41 -0800 (PST)

--- James Rogers <jetan@ionet.net> wrote:

> For Malzberg in a really vicious mode, all pulp
> and sf fans must read
> _Herovit's World_, where a pulp hack (Herovit)
> slowly descends into
> alcoholism and madness, his personalitly first being
> replaced by his
> pen-name and finally by his series hero....both of
> whom turn out to be just
> as alcoholic and ineffectual as he is.

Gosh!
...this sounds exactly like the second half of Robert Parker's life and Spenser taking over!!

(Sorry, I couldn't resit!)

Concerning Malzberg I second the positive opinions given in recent messages about this interesting SF author- however I did'nt read that one.

E.Borgers Hard-boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384