Re: RARA-AVIS: anyone heard of...

Ann Theis (Theisa@co.chesterfield.va.us)
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:17:30 -0500

I'm not able to a full tilt reference librarian search at the moment - but I think he was active in St. Augustine during the Civil Rights movement. I found a reference in Andrew Young's book Easy Burden:

"when we reached the point almost a block away from the slave market, Hoss Manucy and his gang, the Ancient City Gun Club were waiting for us.
. ." http://www.accessatlanta.com/global/local/yall/culture/quill/young/young6.html

and another brief reference: http://huc.edu/news/vorspan.html

Since I've managed to emerge briefly - I've updated the 2000 hot lists on Overbooked - (Hey, Terrill - new Stephen Hunter this spring!). http://www.overbooked.org/hotmyst.html

Cordially, Ann~Overbooked http://www.overbooked.org/